Last week we talked about Hot Oil Treatments. (Read our post here- Hot Oil Treatments).
I received a few messages asking for a list of Deep Conditioners, Protein Deep Conditioners and what are the benefits to certain oils.
This post will provide you with a list of a few D.I.Y treatments and a list of treatments that you can purchase in store. I will go over the benefits of each oil on our next post.
Let's start with D.I.Y. Deep Conditioners:
I know that we have so many steps to remember when caring for our curly tresses, but I can promise you that you hair will thank you a thousand times if you add a Deep Conditioner to your hair regimen.
Deep conditioners will make your hair feel alive, soft and moisturizes. It can prevent your hair from breaking and it can restore many needed nutrients to your tresses.
Our friends at Natural Hair Kids provided us with these four easy and amazing deep conditioners/protein conditioners that you can do at home:
Below is a List of Deep Conditioners that you can purchase in store or online:
1. *Bee Mine Bee-U-Ti-Ful Deep Conditioner;
2. Eden Bodyworks Jojoba Monoi All Natural Deep Conditioner;
3. Shea Moisture Organic Raw Shea Butter Deep Treatment Masque;
4. Curls-Ecstasy Hair Tea Conditioner;
5. Mixed Chicks Deep Conditioners;
6. Jessicurl Deep Conditioner;
7. My HoneyChild Olive You Deep Conditioner;
8. My HoneyChild Honey Hair Mask;
9. As I Am Hydration Elation Intensive Conditioner.
* Bee Mine is the Deep Conditioner I use on my daughter's hair.
Another type of Deep Conditioners that you hair may need is a "Protein Deep Conditioner".
The Avocado Conditioner, The Coconut Milk Conditioner and the Banana Conditioner seen on Natural Hair Kids photo (above) are great and easy Protein Conditioners but here are some our fans' favorite DIY Recipes:
Almond, Mayonnaise & Honey Mask:
5 Tbs of Mayonnaise;
3 Tbs of Honey and
2 Tbs of Almond Oil
Mix ingredients and apply to hair. (Note: the longer the hair, the more ingredients you will need)
Yogurt DC Mask:
Mix ingredients and apply to hair.
I prefer "ready to use" products, therefore I have made a list of products that you can buy either in "packs" or in bottles.
NOTE: My suggestion is to purchase the packs first, they are very inexpensive and if you don't like a particular brand then you won't end up with a lot of unused products and a big hole in your pocket.
1. *Creme of Nature Argan Oil Conditioner Reconstructor;
2. Palmers Coconut Oil Formula Deep Conditioning Protein Pack;
3. Aphogee 2 Step Protein Treatment;
4. Aubrey Organics GPB;
5. Queen Helene Cholesterol Cream;
6. Aubrey Organics GPB Glycogen Protein Balancing Conditioner;
7. Organic Root Stimulator Hair Mayonnaise Treatment;
8. DevaCurl Heaven in Hair;
9. K-Pak Deep Penetrating Reconstructor.
*Creme of Nature Argan Oil Conditioner Reconstructor is what I use. You can purchase it in a pack or the bottle. Also, I will be trying Palmers Coconut Oil Formula Deep Conditioning Protein Pack.
If you would like to share your DIY recipes with us, please feel free to send us a message and we will share it with the rest of our readers!