Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Simple is also beautiful...Our 1st Tutorial

OUR STYLE FOR THIS WEEK!


We decided to do a very simple style for this week, as you can see is a very simple style that any busy mommy can do, it took me approximately 1 hour to 1.15 hrs to do it, but it will probably take less if you don't have to wash and conditioned the hair.  

We originally wanted to add beads at the end of each braid but my "beader" (bead applicator) broke after the first set of beads were applied to her hair so we had to improvise and do finger coils (finger curls) instead, but the result was beautiful.

We are aiming for this style to last for almost two weeks.  Mainly because we are planning to do box braids and beads for grandmother who will be visiting for a week, and every time Grandmother and Papa visit Ms. Bree does NOT like to get her hair done because it takes time away from Grandmother and Papa.

*********************************************************************************

In order to protect Ms. Bree's hairstyles through the night, we use Children's Satin Sleep Cap, which can be found in any hair store for a very reasonable price.  



To keep up with the style daily I would suggest  Kinky Curly Custard to tame the edges and spray any daily spritz you use, I personally use Shea Butter conditioner on the braids and the ends.

INSTRUCTIONS: 

We started by washing her hair with Beautiful Textures Tangle Taming Moisturizing Shampoo, and what I love about this shampoo is that is creamy and I certainly don't have to use a lot of it or keep repeating the process.  I can immediately feel that is cleaning her hair, and the creaminess makes it easier for my fingers to run through her hair and massaging her scalp.

Once I rinsed the shampoo completely out of her hair, I used Herbal Essence "None of your Frizzness", I saturated her hair with the conditioner, parted in half and began detangling that section by using the detangler comb.  Once that section was completely detangled, I made 2 jumbo twist and moved to the other section where I repeated the same detangling process.  I let it sit there for a few minutes then I lightly rinsed it out.

STYLING PROCESS:
Undo the 4 jumbo twists;

I used a combination of Cantu Shea Butter Leave I Conditioner and Coconut Oil mixed 
together and applied it to her soaking wet hair,  

Using a Rat Tail Comb I created a section in the center that began from her forehead to the back of her neck, and added a bit of Kinky Curly Knot today and removed any tangles, then once it was detangled I rubbed a little bit of the Kinky Curly Custard on the palms of my hand and began to cornrow the section;

Then do one big pony tail on each side, I did and used the same products to detangled each section then placed the hair on a pony tail by using Ouchless Scrunchies/Bands.

Each pony tail has 8 small braids (but you can do them as small or as big as you'll like)  I used small rubber bands to hold the ends since I really don't like Ms. Bree to go to bed with accessories. 

Products we used: 
Beautiful Textures Tangle Taming Moisturizing Shampoo; 
Herbal Essence "None of your Frizzness" Conditioner; 
Cantu Shea Butter mixed with a splash of Coconut Oil
Kinky Curly Knot Today; 
Kinky Curly Custard.

Tools & Accessories we used:  
*Combs:   Rat Tail Comb (Metal tail); Tangle Comb 
* Hair clips to separate the hair:  Metal Hair Clips/ Double Prongs Alligator.
*3 Ouchless Bands (one for each pony tail)
*19 to 20 Small rubber bands (you can add beads at the end creating another protective style)



No comments:

Post a Comment