The countdown to Christmas has begun and our little Elf, "Snowflake" has taken our letter to Santa Claus. Soon, it will be Christmas morning but first, let's put on our "crafting hats" and start by creating some beautiful Ribbon Christmas Trees.
These Christmas Trees made out of ribbons are so cute and they have become very popular in the last couple of days.
I originally crafted these trees for our children's teachers as a "Thank You" for all the hard work they do.
I have to say that the response from all of our fans.... really overwhelming !
- Small Box of Pins;
- Ribbon of your choice (approximately 3 to 4 spools);
- Foam cone, I used the medium size cone, approximately 3-7/8 inch x 8-7/8 inch.
- Something to use at the top. A 3D Star would be ideal but it all depends on you. I used Small/medium size poinsettias to match the ribbons, and some really nice floral decorations I found at Micheal's.
1. Cut the ribbon (about 4.5 inches long). Tip: this is the time consuming part of this project.
2. Start pinning the first row around the corner. Tip: Make sure is close enough to cover the cone.
3. Continue to pin the strips of ribbon around the cone until you get to the very top. (you may chose each row a different color. Remember this is your project.) Tip: Each row should only be half an inch above each row.
4. I used a glittered snowflake foam sticker to cover the very top. Each end of the sticker will cover the pins on the very top row, and will also cover the top of the cone.
and your Ribbon Christmas Tree is now done!!
We have now these beauties available for purchase!
Frozen Ribbon Christmas Tree
The Traditional Ribbon Christmas Tree
We are currently taking orders, each tree is $15.00 plus shipping. To place your order please email us your request to email@example.com.
These are a great addition to your decor or as a gift!