Monday, December 3, 2012

Our Thanksgiving Styles

This post was meant to be published the day after thanksgiving! Sorry about the delay...

Since we traveled to Grandmother's house to celebrate Thanksgiving this year, I am behind on a lot of things and now I'm playing catch up.

One of the many things  I completely love about my husband's family is all the family traditions they have and how important it is to be thankful for the great memories we are able to build every time we are together.

This Thanksgiving was very special for so many reasons.  We had plenty of time to spend with each other because we did the cooking ahead of time allowing us to have an early dinner and plenty of time to sit and reminisce.  In all honesty, I never get tired of hearing my sisters-in-law talk about the old days.

I also got the opportunity to spend extra time with our niece's daughters... they are twins!  Due to the great distance between our families, we don't get to see each other as often as we would like and I believe the children also miss each other, since Lil B and the twins are only a few weeks apart.

I have said it a million times before, doing hair can be a bonding experience, and this is exactly how I bonded with my beautiful twins nieces.

Ms. Bree opted to rock small cornrows into rope twists and medium size rope twist on the back (this lasted for almost two weeks).



We only used the following products to create this style:

1. Bee Mine Luscious Moisturizer / Bee Mine Curly Butter;

2. Eco Styler Gel (Argan Oil) - to make the cornrows.

I maintained her twists and cornrows with Bee Mine Juice Daily Moisturizing Spritz.

After doing Ms. Bree's hair, Ms Jai (twin #1) wanted to get her hair done and to my surprise she let ME do it!!    Ms. Jai;  she wanted something very similar to Ms. Bree's hair style and I was more than happy to oblige.  I made a few changes to each style in order for the girls to share but yet have their own unique style.

While detangling her hair, we talked about what was her favorite colors, what she likes to do and she was so relaxed and very talkative.  I loved it!  

On Ms. Jai,  I did two small cornrows on the center and rope twists all over.  The twins hair is less curly than Ms. Bree's.  I would say their hair is a combination of a 3b with a few 3c curls in between.






Twin #2: Ms. Jia 





On Ms. Jia I created two cornrows starting at the middle and along her hair line.  She also had rope twists all over.  

These are the products I use on them:

1.  Kinky Curly Knot Today to detangle their hair;

2. Bee Mine Luscious Moisturizer and Bee Mine Curly Butter to do the Rope Twists;

3.  Bee Mine Luscious Moisturizer with Eco Style Gel with Argan Oil to do the cornrows. 

As you can see on the above pictures, the girls are having so much fun in the kitchen with Grandmother (Great-Grandmother) and it is one of the most wonderful memories they will always have.

The children had so much fun together and they were very sad when it was time to say good bye!  

I know our children did not wanted to say good bye to Papa and Grandmother either!





No comments:

Post a Comment